The Cream of the Crop - Free Resources in BioMedical Internet Searching
While there are many search tools in biomedical Internet searching, some of the best are not generally known and some to a large extent recycle functionalities of the more popular tools. This course will focus on the most effective search engines and search tools as well as tips and tricks and browser add-ons. The trainer draws on years of trying and testing in this field. As this will be his last course before retirement, those resources presented in previous courses which have stood the test of time will be offered along with the newly emerged ones that look promising. Up until the time when the course will be held, the Internet will be monitored for new developments by the trainer. Participants will receive a CD-ROM with the contents of the course to take home and access the individual sites from it. In order to get an idea of the trainer's approach, it is recommended to have a look at his Internet site for a non-librarian readership at: http://www.webcropsweekly.com/index.htm. Key Words: Internet Search Tools, Internet Search Skills, Biomedical Internet Resources
- Your comments are welcomed on this page! (login is needed)
49 weeks 4 days ago
Recent blog posts
- This is it!
- Welcome reception: Wednesday July 4
- Click the city: Brussels has been tagged!
- Some tips when visiting Brussels
- Preparation of the proceedings
- Newsletter tool has been set up!
- A mobile app for EAHIL2012!
- Sponsoring and exhibiting at EAHIL 2012 Conference
- Message to presenters: Information for presenters has been updated
- E-mails were from website blocked, problem is now solved