Litterature searches in support of health policy advice - a customer perspective
Raf Mertens (1956) is General Director at the Belgian Health Care knowledge Centre (KCE) since 2009. He obtained his diploma in medicine at K.U.Leuven in 1981 and in tropical medicine at Institue of Tropical Medicine (Antwerp) the same year and then worked as a physician for four years in Kivu (Congo). From 1985 to 1997 he was in charge of the national programme for monitoring hospital-acquired infections at the ISSP (Institut Scientifique de Santé Publique). At the same time, he continued his studies as a medical hygienist (1986 at K.U.Leuven) and epidemiologist (1989, at the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene). He was coordinator of the European HELICS programme for the harmonisation of registration networks for hospital-acquired infections.
In 1997, Raf Mertens became responsible at the Alliance Nationale des Mutualités Chrétiennes for healthcare data analysis and feedback and the development of quality promotion programmes, mainly in collaboration with hospitals. From 2006 to 2009, he has been the head of the Research and Development department of the Mutualité Chrétienne. In addition, since 2001 he has been actively involved in the development of the Agence Intermutualiste (AIM-IMA). He was vice-president of the Conseil National pour la Promotion de la Qualité des soins de santé (CNPQ) and member of the Board of Directors of the Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre (KCE).
- Your comments are welcomed on this page! (login is needed)
46 weeks 1 day ago
Recent blog posts
- This is it!
- Welcome reception: Wednesday July 4
- Click the city: Brussels has been tagged!
- Some tips when visiting Brussels
- Preparation of the proceedings
- Newsletter tool has been set up!
- A mobile app for EAHIL2012!
- Sponsoring and exhibiting at EAHIL 2012 Conference
- Message to presenters: Information for presenters has been updated
- E-mails were from website blocked, problem is now solved